As part of the University of California, Davis Give Day we want to highlight a few of our Blentech team members who are graduates of the UC Davis Biological and Agricultural Engineering program, which this generous Give Day provides funds to. Blentech is matching up to $5,000 in donations to support the work that this department does in the food industry. In today’s post, meet our team members Krista Drechsler and Crystal Dinh who are alumni of the program!
Krista Drechsler, Project Engineer
- What year did you graduate? What level of degree did you get? – In 2016 I graduated with a Biological Systems Engineering MS Degree (Gail Bornhorst Food Engineering Lab) and in 2013 I graduated with Chemical Engineering BS Degree, Food and Nutrition Minor. I also worked in R. Paul Singh Food Engineering Lab as an undergrad.
- What is your current role at Blentech? – Project Engineer
- What’s your estimation of projects you’ve worked on since you started at Blentech? – Project Engineer lead on around 30 customer projects along with side internal projects over the last 5 years, including working on the BIC vacuum system start-up project.
- Anything else you’d like to share about your education from BAE and how it enhances the work you do at Blentech? – The food science and food engineering courses and BAE Food Engineering research helped advance upon my Chemical Engineering undergraduate education to prepare me for work in the food equipment manufacturing industry, working on the process engineering side while understanding the physiochemical complexity of food.
Crystal Dinh, Applications Engineering Manager
- What year(s) did you graduate? What level of degree did you get? 2017 with a BS, Biological Systems Engineering and 2021 with a MS, Biological Systems Engineering
- What is your current role at Blentech? Applications Engineering Manager
- What’s your estimation of projects that you’ve quoted that have sold? 30
- How many people do you estimate that these projects you’ve quoted that have sold feed daily? Thousands!
- Anything else you’d like to share about your education from BAE and how it enhances the work you do at Blentech? BAE gave me such a diverse and well rounded foundation in mechanical and applied food engineering to apply to many aspects of manufacturing and engineering at Blentech!
Join us today and donate!