As part of the University of California, Davis Give Day we want to highlight a few of our Blentech team members who are graduates of the UC Davis Biological and Agricultural Engineering program, which this generous Give Day provides funds to. Blentech is matching up to $5,000 in donations to support the work that this department does in the food industry. In today’s post, meet our team members Daniel Voit and Chris Stadick who are alumni of the program and come back later this week to meet a few more!
Daniel Voit, CEO
- What year(s) did you graduate UCD? What degree did you get? 2005 – MS Food Science working for Dr. Paul Singh in Bio/Ag Engineering
- How long have you been with Blentech? 1999 to 2003 + 2007 to 2022 = 18 years total
- Tell me about the projects you’ve worked on at Blentech. I’ve worked on more than 700 new equipment installations in my life. They average around 3,000-5,000 pounds per hour so depending on the equipment, I’ve worked on probably feed 500,000 people per hour.
- Anything else you’d like to share about your education from BAE and how it enhances the work you do at Blentech? My education at Davis changed my life. I was able to work on a NASA grant to make equipment for a manned mission to Mars. I learned about the fundamentals of food process engineering, methods of technology selection and ways of improving the efficiency of processing equipment. I also met some amazing people who challenged me in ways that made me a better employee and a better person.
Chris Stadick, Inventory and Purchasing Manager
- What year(s) did you graduate UCD? What degree did you get? I graduated class of 2015 with a BS in Biological Systems Engineering
- What is your current role with Blentech? Currently my role is Inventory and Purchasing Manager.
- Tell me about the projects you’ve worked on at Blentech. While in service I spent more than 400 days traveling or at customer sites over 4 years and visited more than 70 different customer sites domestically and internationally.
- Anything else you’d like to share about your education from BAE and how it enhances the work you do at Blentech? The variety of courses offered by the EBS program and BAE were an invaluable part of my education. By having a broad understanding of many engineering principles it’s allowed me to be extremely flexible in my career and the projects that I work on.
Join us today and donate!