Many products can be transferred via positive displacement pump; however their flow and viscosity characteristics are such that they cannot be consistently drawn into the pump by gravity alone. The pump cannot maintain its prime and will not pump material consistently at the desired rate – with cavitation resulting in the most extreme cases.
Blentech builds single and twin screw pump feeders to handle the highest viscosity materials such as ground meat blends, peanut butter, and cheese, force-feeding the pump to ensure proper head pressure at the pump inlet for desired processing rates.
Controls & Automation
- Complete system integration to work with Blentech and OEM equipment.
- Optional integration of intermeshing feeder screws extending into surge hopper
- Heat transfer solutions on cone and hopper for temperature maintenance
- Full integration with Blentech PLC control system
- Cone back-pressure set point and pumping rate control the speed of pump feeder screws.
- Applicable to the wide array of highly viscous products
- Standardized agitator design to process and extremely broad range of products
- Dual and single nozzle designs for variety of applications and throughput rates.
- Robust design engineered for maximum life
- Fewer spare parts, repairs, and maintenance requirements drive down operating costs.
- Removable nozzle for fast and easy cleaning and sanitation
- Customizable voltage and frequency for all installations
Blentech pump feeders are designed to handle the meat blends AND finished products in the following moderate to high viscosity pump-transferrable product categories.
Modes of Operation
- Ground/Diced/Pulled/Shredded Meat
- Peanut Butter Blends
- Pet Foods
- Mashed Potatoes
- Hummus (wide array of bean/legume slurries)
- Viscous/Concentrated Slurries
- Confectionary (candy, frosting, icing)
- Concentrated Jams/Jellies/Preserves
- Processed Cheese
- Analog Cheese
- Pump Priming
- Product Transfer
- Product Conveyance